Pursuant to federal law 21 CFR 812.2(c)7 and 812.3(b), physician(s) at this pain center may advise and use unapproved laser treatments on patients under one or more of the following conditions:
1. A pain condition that has consistently failed to improve with approved modalities of pain treatments.
2. Approved pain treatments are contraindicated, have caused or intend to cause adverse effects specific to individual patients.
3. Drugs or drug based injection treatments are contraindicated to an allergic reaction specific to individual patients.
4. Drug based injections may exceed safe dosage standards or may result in adverse effects due to a pain condition requiring treatments to multiple areas or require frequent repetitive treatments.
5. Patient’s best interests are served by an individualized and customized plan of pain treatment formulated by the treating pain physician.